Be aware about the screenshot feature. It will only work for 1000 screenshots then you have to purchase more "film" as they put it. It does not say anywhere on the website or during the install that this is the way it works. Read below:

You are now chatting with 'Anatha'

Anatha: Were you able to set the smart camera?

Me: not sure what that means?

Me: I have been able to view the screenshots ever since I installed the program. Until today.....

Anatha: please check on your snapshots balance on the upper right portion of the home page on your account

Me: It's states I have a remaining of -3???? What does that mean?

Anatha: If you are thinking about SmartCamera- that is an option that we offer to our clients, and give you 1000 shots for free to begin with. If you like it, and want to use it, you may purchase 10,000 more for only $17 to use as you see fit. The $17 is far from a profit center for us, and it only covers our expense of the bandwidth and the storage.

Me: Are you kidding? I thought I bought a license for webwatcher - I didn't know that that was only a trial option. What else is not going to work?

Anatha: No. We are not kidding. the smart camera is not a trial option. It is included on the software. However, it needs a positive snapshots balance in order to continue taking screenshots. The snapshots is not included with your software purchase. What the software has for free are screenshots via alert words

Me: Are there any other options that I currently have that are going to stop working?

Anatha: Screenshots taken by Alert Word (typed or viewed in any program) are always free and unlimited. You can set this up in your account under "settings" then "recording options" and "alert words". You can set as many alert words as you can

Me: So email, IM/Chat, keystrokes, Websits and searches performed will stay as is for 1 year?

Me: unlimited?

Anatha: It is screenshots via smart camera that needs to be set and the snapshots need to be bought. that is if you want to continue using the smart camera

Me: when I clicked on the SmartCamera Option - its says that I have been given a FREE trial version of Smart Camera so that you can see how it works? so it IS a trail version?

Me: I have to say that I am very disappointed that an option that has been working since my install is now not an option. when I up the Smart Camera setting it did not say anywhere that I only had 1000 shot for free and then I would have to purchase more shots.

Anatha: We do apologize for the confusion. We also did not state on the website that the smart camera shots are free. Again, SmartCamera is an option that we offer to our clients, and give you 1000 shots for free to begin with. If you like it, and want to use it, you may purchase 10,000 more for only $17 to use as you see fit. What the software offers for free are snapshots taken via alert words.

Me: you also don't say that the IM/Chat, email, keystrockes, websites, etc are free? Wouldn't one assume when you purchase a license for webwatcher that would be included in the price? Will I also lose those capabilities also?

Anatha: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Anatha: Supported emails, websites accessed via supported browsers, and keystrokes are automatically recorded. These features do not require the smart camera snapshots to work.

Anatha: The smart camera application is already included, but the snapshots are not.

Anatha: It's just like having a film camera. The film is not given for free

Anatha: you need the film for the camera to work

Anatha: just as the smart camera needs snapshopts

Me: unbelievable! There isnt' even a mention on your website that "Take Screenshots" is an additional cost or anything about only letting you use 1000 shots.

Me: haven't used FILM on almost 5 years!! Where have you been. everything is digial.

Anatha: I'm just explaining the analogy here.

Me: me too

Anatha: We also never mentioned on the website that snapshots come with the smart camera for free

Me: it sounds like bail and switch to me. You give me something and then take it away without any warning or notification. That really sucks! Good to know now though because I will make sure that I let everyone I know aware so they won't get screwed! VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

Me: actually you DO! Under features - take screenshots!!!

Anatha: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Anatha: I'm still here... I'll be with you shortly.

Anatha: Sorry to know you feel that way. This has always been the case or how the smart camera snapshots work. There is nothing we can do about it. The snapshots are add ons to the software that you have to purchase. What we can do on our end is to give you 1,000 complimentary shots to fully understand how the smart camera works. However, there is nothing more we can offer you after that. You will have to purchase the snapshots if you want to continue using the smart camera

Me: I completely understand how it works now! Unfortunately I had to find out the hard way. I would like to see where on your website and/or during the install the it states ANYTHING about having to purchase shots or that the camera is useless without having the purchase additional snapshots

Anatha: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Anatha: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.

Anatha: Sorry, that is not stated on our website. However, as mentioned earlier, it is also never mentioned anywhere on the website that snapshots come with the smart camera for free. We do mention that you can take single snapshots referring to the snapshots via alert words

Me: unbelievable! Thank you. I will make sure that I blast as much negative comments as I can on the internet. Word of mouth is your best customer and beleive me - you won't be getting any good word from me.

Anatha: I'm still here... I'll be with you shortly.

Anatha: Alright. You are entitle to your own opinion. Should you change your mind, the offer for 1,000 comp shots are still outstanding.

Anatha: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

Had an Experience with Awareness Technologies?

Comments

Same thing happened to me today.They are very deceptive.

Their website states Continuous Screenshots Video-style playback but they don't mention you must pay "extra" until after you paid them. They use the same lines "$17 is far from a profit center for us, and it only covers our expense of the bandwidth and the storage." You can go through 10,000 snapshots per week.

Webwacther can end up costing you $1,000/year You're much better off using Spector Pro.No tricks from them and their "snapshots" are included in the buy price.

This is VERY deceptive!

Fritz: please try to check on it again later on and give it a little time to upload data

doug : how many smart camera enties are you showing?

Fritz: around 65 screenshots

doug : hmmm, not seeing a single one here

Fritz: oh.. you mean smartcamera shots? not normal screenshots

Fritz: try to click on HOME

Fritz: then check if you have remaining shots left

doug : home?

Fritz: its on the top right of your account page

doug : ok, now what should I look for

doug : ohh ***, I've used all screen shots!!!!

Fritz: click on HOME then on the page that appears, check for remaining smartcamera shots left

Fritz: that is an option that we offer to our clients, and give you 1000 shots for free to begin with. If you like it, and want to use it, you may purchase 10,000 more for only $17 to use as you see fit. The $17 is far from a profit center for us, and it only covers our expense of the bandwidth and the storage.

doug : 10,000 per what? day, week?

Fritz: actually its $17 for 10,000 more shots

doug : well at what point are the screen shots cleared out?

Fritz: what do you mean cleared out?

doug : I mean I've currently purchased 1,000 screen shots, it I delete 100 of them, shouldn't I be at 900?

Fritz: if you are on the negative, it means you have used all 1000 shots already

Fritz: you need to purchase...

doug : so I have to continuously purchase screen shots?

doug : and that's not 1000 per day or till I clear them?

Fritz: no not at all

doug : please explain

Fritz: its 10,000 more shots until it runs out then you need to purchase additional shots again

doug : I want my money back

Fritz: may i know why you want to get a refund?

Fritz: There are two types to set up Screenshots- either through Alert words or Smartcamera. Screenshots taken by Alert Word (typed or viewed in any program) are always free and unlimited. You can set this up in your account under "settings" then "recording options" and "alert words".

Fritz: If you are thinking about SmartCamera-

Fritz: Does that clear things up for you?

Fritz: smartcamera -- that is an option that we offer to our clients, and give you 1000 shots for free to begin with. If you like it, and want to use it, you may purchase 10,000 more for only $17 to use as you see fit. The $17 is far from a profit center for us, and it only covers our expense of the bandwidth and the storage.

doug : purchasing screen shots?????? I'll be buying 10,000 every week! I thought I was purchsing a program that would always give me all screen shots with out having to pay anything else

doug : your edvertisement is completely desceptive

Fritz: its not every week

Fritz: its until you run out again

doug : my kid just used 1000 in one day! so every 10 days I will need more

Fritz: you can use the normal screenshots for this then

Fritz: its always free

doug : what normal screen shots?

Fritz: all you need to do is set it up on alert words

Fritz: then once those words are on a page or typed, it will be taken a shot of

doug : how the *** do I know what words? I want to see what my kid is doing!

doug : I want my money back

Fritz: If you are within our 3 day refund period and have not had the free trial, we will be more than happy to provide you with a refund.

Fritz: Please do the following to submit a ticket:

Fritz: 1. Log onto your account at www.webwatcherdata.com

Fritz: 2. Click on HELP

Fritz: 3. Click on HELP STEPS

Fritz: 4. Then go to TROUBLE TICKET SYSTEM

Fritz: 5. Then click on NEW

Fritz: 6. Then state in there your concern

Fritz: 7. Soon after, please click on SUBMIT

I also got the similar experience for chatting with Anatha! It is a very bad way to do business! Stay away from Webwatcher & Awareness Technologies!

If you are looking for alternative sources to computer security check out these companies and their products. WebWatcher is a good software product, but it just isn't worth the bad customer service, frustration, feelings of being ripped-off and deceived to deal with them.

Vontu, Websense, SpectorSoft, Absolute Software, McAfee, Symantec

Each company and their products vary considerably, but with some research you can find a product that will work for you and be less of disappointment.